Jacob Stein provides legal counsel on all aspects of international business transactions. His clients include multinational businesses or individual investors entering the United States to acquire a U.S. business or invest in U.S. real estate. He also serves U.S. investors and businesses in acquiring assets abroad or engaging in commercial transactions such as international joint ventures.
- structuring foreign joint ventures for U.S. clients
- structuring U.S. joint ventures for foreign clients
- negotiating the letter of intent, the term sheet, the definitive purchase agreement and other related agreements
- drafting all legal documents related to joint ventures and various commercial transactions
- providing tax advice for foreign investors in U.S. real estate
- conducting legal and tax due diligence for a purchaser of a U.S. business, and providing a due diligence opinion
- advising a foreign business with respect to the reorganization of its U.S. subsidiaries
- counseling foreign persons contemplating relocation to the U.S. with respect to pre-immigration income tax and estate tax planning
- complex tax structuring of transactions outbound from the U.S. and inbound into the U.S.
Our lawyers are highly experienced in the areas of deal making, structuring joint ventures, corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations, and all aspects of international tax planning.